I was surprised this weekend to find a message in my Inbox that I had won a Liebster Award…? Yes, that’s a question mark. I had never heard of it before this weekend and quite honestly thought it might be something like a chain letter in blog form. Well, maybe it still sorta is in a round about way, but it’s cool nonetheless that someone thought to recognize me! I admit, I’ve been struggling lately that my blog has little significance in the wide world of the web, and my inspiration has been waning. Maybe this was one of those serendipitous gifts that happen in life.
Have you heard about the Liebster Award? It’s an award bloggers give to one another to help spread word of newish/little known blogs. To get one means the person who gave it to you appreciates the work you do. And I got one! It really means a lot to me to know that there are people out there who are actually reading my blog and can relate to the things I write about. So, I especially want to thank The Introvert Files for nominating me. (Note: I pretty much copied this paragraph from the blog that nominated me.)
What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Each award comes with instructions that vary somewhat. My instructions are as follows:
1. List 5 facts about yourself
- I identify as an introvert because I require a large quantity of time at home doing my own thing or being alone. It doesn’t mean that I am antisocial, dislike people or don’t like to talk. I am actually very much a people person, but I do have limits. I do, however, hate talking on the phone except when I am in a car for long periods of more than 10 minutes.
- I randomly met my husband online through LiveJournal 10 years ago tomorrow (February 11th). He posted about the Pancake Pantry, which was across the street from where I worked at the time. In 2003, it was rare to find someone online within such close proximity to you. I was married to someone else at the time, and we were just friends until 2008 after my divorce. He was the guy friend giving me dating advice, and before we knew it we were dating! February 11th has been Pancake Day for us every year since we started dating. We married on Leap Day last year, so February is a big month for us.
- My birthday is Valentine’s Day, and I LOVE it! My mom’s birthday is Independence Day, and she LOVES it!
- I am often an open book, maybe too open. I really don’t keep a lot of secrets and tell people pretty much anything if they ask. Sometimes they don’t even have to ask, and I tell too much! I am good at keeping other people’s secrets but not so good at keeping my own.
- For the longest time (at least 20 years), I claimed to be 5’6″. In all that time, I was never truly measured until last year when I was measured at 5’5″ by two different healthcare providers. This has bothered me more than gray hair, getting older and any time that I gained weight. I’m not sure if I shrunk an inch or I was inaccurately measured in my teens.
2. Answer 5 questions given to you from your nominator.
- What topics do you find yourself blogging the most about?
I usually blog about writing, being an introvert, reading, my faith and my health.
- Is blogging a pass-time for you, or have you made it a part of your career?
It’s definitely a hobby for me. I have considered trying to write professionally, but I fear that I will lose interest if it becomes required for me.
- What’s your number 1 guilty pleasure?
Reality shows about alternative relationships and lifestyles, such as 19 Kids and Counting, Sister Wives and The Little Couple. Reality game shows hold no interest for me.
- What achievement are you proudest of?
Having the courage to better my life instead of sticking to what I know. This has happened at least twice in my life, so far.
- If you could prevent one thing from happening to you in the past, would you be a completely different person today and would you rather be that different person than to have lived through whatever thing had happened to you?
Oh, absolutely not. I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and that if those things hadn’t happened to you, then you wouldn’t be the person you are today. I often use my divorce as an example of this. If I hadn’t been in the relationship with my ex-husband, I wouldn’t be the wife to David that I am today. I had to go through that season of my life to be in the season that I am in today.
3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
- Why do you blog? Do you ever feel the words inside of you just need to get out? (I know I cheated and made that two questions!)
- Besides writing, what other hobbies do you feel lets your creative side shine?
- Is there someone in your past you wish you could reconnect with but either can’t find that person or are too afraid to reach out?
- What’s your favorite Starbucks drink order? If you’re not a Starbucks fan, then what’s your favorite dish to order at a nationally recognized restaurant? Or you can answer both!
- What is one trait from a parent, relative or guardian that you are glad was passed onto you? This can be physical, emotional, personality, etc.
4. Chose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
- We Live Inspired
- Random Ramblings and Rants
- Simply His Blog
- Life in 120 Square Feet
- There is Light at the End of That Dark Tunnel You Are Staring At
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Thanks goes out to The Introvert Files!
Subscribe by Email, Join me on Facebook and Follow me on Twitter
One thought on “Liebster Award”
Thanks for the nominate! I had a fun time reading what you had to say and learning more about you. As usual , I can relate to a lot of it 🙂 Happy belated birthday by the way!!!! And how cool is it to get married on leap day-although, what do you do about celebrating anniversaries?!