Originally today’s recommended blogging topic from BlogHer was When was the last time that you cried? Why?
Maybe they didn’t think about it being Thanksgiving in the US or maybe they did think about it but didn’t want to exclude non-US bloggers. Either way, I didn’t feel that it was a good topic for Thanksgiving.
I’ll keep it simple today, as I am spending this day with my husband’s family in Detroit. Starting the first of November, I began posting on Twitter and Facebook something that I am thankful for every day. I hadn’t posted them here because that would be triplicating the same post. However, in keeping with simplicity, I am going to list them here in this post. I’ll continue to update this post the remaining days of the month, as well.
30 Days of Thanksgiving
- I am thankful for a loving, caring, patient, providing, funny, interesting and wonderful husband.
- I am thankful to have parents who are always there for me & raised me with good values & responsibility.
- I am thankful for an awesome brother. He’s the only person in the world who truly gets my sense of humor.
- I am thankful for Cross Point Church, the church I attend that teaches us to love recklessly & not judge others.
- I am thankful for a great job & awesome co-workers who make Mondays much easier.
- I am thankful I live in a country where I am free to vote for the person I think is the best candidate.
- I am thankful the elections are over & hopefully we can go back to being nice to others with opposing opinions.
- I am thankful for my sweet dogs Shelton, Copper and Penny, who all can brighten even the darkest days.
- I am thankful to have a job where I can work from home on Fridays!
- I am thankful that my mom likes spending time with me & goes along with me on last minute Christmas Village excursions.
- I am thankful for a quiet weekend to spend time reading, relaxing and watching TV with My David.
- I am thankful to live in a free country filled with brave men and women who have fought for that freedom.
- I am thankful for great friends all over in several areas of my life.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to hear Neil deGrasse Tyson speak last night. What an amazing evening!
- I am thankful my brother is 28 years old today! My mom almost miscarried him early on and he was born 6 weeks early.
- I am thankful for free access to exercise equipment and classes through my employer, like water aerobics!
- I am thankful for good food and good company with my family for birthday celebrations.
- I am thankful for mentoring groups like Big Brothers Big Sisters who connected me to the best Little Sister ever!
- I am thankful for short work weeks and upcoming holiday trips.
- I am thankful that my mom is blessed to have saved well enough to retire. Today is her last day working!
- I am thankful for fast airplanes that get me from Nashville to Detroit in just 1.5 hours (hopefully with no delays).
- I am thankful that I get to spend Thanksgiving with my wonderful Detroit family.
Tell me what makes you thankful.During the month of November, I am participating in the National Blog Posting Month, also known as NaBloPoMo, hosted by BlogHer. Most likely I am following these suggested prompts, but I might just get crazy and change things up every once in a while. I’m one wild and crazy gal!
3 thoughts on “30 Days of Thanksgiving”
Aw..cute family picture!!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Pingback: NaBloPoMo: November 2012 « Nearly Missed It
Pingback: Daily Blogging « Nearly Missed It